The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information that you provide voluntarily
- Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, to receive subscriptions and attendance at events and/or to submit enquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
Information that we collect automatically
- When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
- Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked. Collecting this information enables us better to understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Information that we obtain from third party source
- From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources, but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
- The types of information we collect from third parties include credit or debit card details and we use the information we receive from these third parties to collect payment for subscriptions and attendance at events.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
- We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.